Alberta Lamb Producers is currently accepting applications for the position of Executive Director. Applications will be accepted until June 15, 2018.
Alberta Lamb Producers (ALP) is a dynamic partner in building a sustainable, thriving industry for sheep producers. ALP operates under Regulations of MAPA and is directed by producers through a board of seven directors. The Executive Director is responsible for implementing ALP’s strategic plan for the Alberta sheep industry.
- An effective communicator with a high level of verbal and written skills
- A team player with proven collaborative attitude
- A creative planner and problem solver
- An experienced manager working with a variety of industry stakeholders
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience in agriculture industry will be given preference
- Experience managing staff and working with contractors
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload and work under time pressures to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to use related equipment including Microsoft and Adobe software, Joomla, Social Media, and QuickBooks
- Experience managing financial resources, including: creating budgets, bookkeeping, and financial reporting
- Experience with governance and reporting to a board of directors are assets
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. The position is designed to be full time but some job sharing opportunities may be possible for the right candidate. The office is based in Airdrie, Alberta but working remotely could be possible for the right candidate. It includes some travel mainly within Alberta and some work on the evenings/weekends.