The Alberta Lamb Producers Board of Directors has openings for two interim Director-at-Large positions. Director-at-Large positions may be filled by producers living in any area of Alberta (i.e. no zone requirements). If you are interested in a position on the ALP Board, please submit your resume and/or the completed application form to the ALP office. Application deadline is 10 July, 2019.
The interim positions will be filled through appointment by the board. As they are interim positions, an election will be required for the positions at the ALP Annual General Meeting on Oct 17th. ALP is also accepting nominations for the Fall director elections. Nomination forms must be submitted by 31 August 2019.
Serving on the board is an exciting and challenging opportunity to advance your industry.
- Must be a sheep producer residing in Alberta as per the current ALP regulations.
- A keen interest in improving processes and resources for the industry
- Ability to work with other board members for the benefit of other sheep producers
- Ability to make the minimum time commitment of 3-4 in-person board meetings, as well as monthly conference calls
- Per diem and expenses are provided
- No previous board experience is required
- A strong commitment to collaboration and growth is important, as is a solution-oriented focus
In addition to contributing to your industry, serving on the Board offers other positive benefits, such as gaining:
- a broader perspective and greater knowledge of the sheep industry.
- important local, provincial and national contacts.
- skills that enhance other areas of business and life, such as experience in board governance, leadership, project management, communication and interpersonal skills.