ALP Needs You!
Join the ALP Board of Directors – Fall 2021!
*Nominations are due by July 31, 2021*
Five Director-at-Large positions on the ALP Board will be up for election this fall.
Alberta Lamb Producers is the voice of producers in discussions with industry stakeholders and government. ALP needs a strong Board of Directors to ensure the interests of producers are represented, viable marketing opportunities are developed, and that check-off dollars are spent wisely.
To stand for election, you MUST submit a completed nomination form to the ALP office by July 31, 2021.
There are Five Director-at-Large positions open on the 2021/22 Board. Candidates can be nominated from any region in the province - there no restrictions due to zone or geographical location.
The official ballots for the 2021 ALP Director’s election will be mailed with the fall issue of N’ewesletter. Producers have the option of advance voting by mailing the ballot to the ALP office or of voting in-person at the AGM on November 20th at Old College (depending where we are at with the Covid-19 pandemic, restrictions and group gatherings, please be aware that this could be changed to a virtual format closer to the event date).
What do you need to serve on the ALP Board as a Director?
- No previous board experience is required.
- Must be an eligible sheep producer residing in Alberta (Eligible producers must have paid service charge (check-off) to ALP within the last two years i.e. after Sep 1, 2019).
- Enthusiasm, ideas and a vision for building a strong lamb industry.
- A commitment to collaboration and the ability to work with other board members for the benefit of the industry.
- Ability to make the minimum commitment of 3-4 in-person board meetings, bi-weekly conference calls, and the ability to monitor and respond to emails at least every 48 hours. Per diems and expense reimbursements are provided.
It’s not all work! In addition to contributing to the industry, serving on the Board gives you opportunities for personal growth and skills development, such as making important industry contacts, and obtaining experience in board governance, leadership and project management.