The Alberta Lamb Producers Board of Directors has an opening for one interim Director-at-Large position. Director-at-Large positions may be filled by producers living in any area of Alberta (i.e. no zone requirements). Application deadline is 11:59pm Mountain on March 17, 2023.
This position will be filled through appointment by the Board. As this is an interim position, an election will be required for the position at the ALP Annual General Meeting November 18, 2023.
Serving on the board is an exciting and challenging opportunity to advance your industry.
- Must be a sheep producer residing in Alberta
- Have a keen interest in improving processes and resources for the industry
- Able to work with other board members for the benefit of other sheep producers
- Able to make the minimum time commitment of 3-4 in-person board meetings, as well as bi-monthly conference calls
- A strong commitment to collaboration and growth is important, as is a solution-oriented focus
- Per diem and expenses are provided
- No previous board experience is required
In addition to contributing to your industry, serving on the Board has other positive benefits such as gaining:
- a broader perspective and greater knowledge of the sheep industry;
- important local, provincial and national contacts;
- skills that enhance other areas of business and life, such as experience in board governance, leadership, project management, communication and interpersonal skills.