- The Canadian Sheep Industry Information for Lenders report was prepared by the Expansion Working Group under the Sheep Value Chain Roundtable. When applying for loans, producers are frequently required to provide general information about the sheep industry. The Lenders Report provides key information regarding production, marketing, economic, and other aspects of the Canadian sheep industry, together in one document.
- Shepherding 101: An Introduction to Sheep Production (ALP Management Module): If you are new to the sheep industry, or want to learn more about raising quality market lambs, Shepherding 101 – Getting Started can help. This practical and easy to understand resource was created for people thinking about getting into sheep or expanding their flocks, and serves as an excellent refresher for established producers as well. The module covers a variety of topics, including: an introduction to sheep, considerations setting up facilities, feeding & nutrition, breeding & reproduction, flock health, marketing, and much more.
- The Business of Sheep (ALP Management Module): The Busine$$ of Sheep was created for experienced producers as well as for people who are just thinking about getting into sheep production. Provided with the module are some tools to help you create information to help you make good business decisions, including the Flock Snapshot, a sample business plan and a set of worksheets. All of these are downloadable from the module.
- Setting It Up: Sheep Infrastructure (ALP Management Module): Where to start? How to expand efficiently? How do I lay out my farm to cut down on my workload? What are the most efficient penning structures? What tools can save me time? Whether you are new to the sheep industry, or a veteran, this collection of operational best practices is invaluable! The Infrastructure module was designed to help producers create the most cost-and time – effective operation possible. To run a profitable sheep business, producers need to take advantage of every tip, strategy and tool they can. This manual has gathered that information into a one-stop resource. Topics covered include: Farm planning, Information management, Buildings and penning, Utilities, Feed and water considerations, Fencing and Handling, Manure and Deadstock management. The on-line module provides a brief description of each topic and each numbered heading links to specific information on that topic. To access the information contained in the module, open the module, and click on the title of the numbered document you wish to view.
- The Precision Flock Management resources were developed to enable producers to address profit leaks in their businesses. For instance, 'Flock Snapshot' enables producers to input information into a simple spreadsheet to determine their cost of producing lambs.
- Producing Profits with RFID - Tags and taggers fact sheet
Management videos on ALP's YouTube channel, Sheep Central Alberta: