ALP Annual General Meeting 2018
Saturday, November 3, Executive Royal Hotel, Leduc
*Sponsorship opportunities available until Oct 1, 2018 - contact ALP for details* Download details to learn more and Check our Sponsor list below.
Alberta Lamb Producers will be hosting our first centralized Annual General Meeting (AGM) and industry reception entitled “Shepherding Together and AGM” on Saturday, November 3, 2018 at the Executive Royal Hotel, 8450 Sparrow Drive, Leduc. The trade show and registration open at 10:30 a.m.
ALP’s AGM is promising to be informative and entertaining, with great guest speakers, industry trade show, delicious Alberta lamb meal, update on ALP activites and lots of time to connect with other producers!
*Remember to bring your ballot to vote for four new ALP Directors*. Click to learn more about the Director nominees and how to vote using the NEW mail-in voting or in-person at the AGM.
Interest Sessions (Free for all attendees!)
- Update on Glenvac 6 and Startec. Presented by: Dr. Paula Menzies, Professor, Department of Population Medicine Member of the Ruminant Health Management Group, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph.
- Induction and Synchronization of Estrous in Ewes. Presented by: Dr. Paula Menzies, Professor, Department of Population Medicine Member of the Ruminant Health Management Group, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph.
- Incidence and Characterization of Feedlot Lambs and Ewe Flock Lameness in Alberta. Presented by: Dr Wiolene Montanari Nordi, Welfare/Livestock Production Scientist.
- Antimicrobial Use and Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR). Presented by: Dr. Keith Lehman, Chief Provincial Veterinarian with Alberta Agriculture and Forestry and Dr. Phil Buote, Deputy Registrar and Veterinary Medical Association (includes an update on antimicrobial regulations changes coming Dec 1, 2018).
- North American Lamb Company: Building an Integrated Value Chain. Presentation by the North American Lamb Company.
Book your hotel room at a discounted rate
If you are planning to stay over in Leduc, you can book a room at the Executive Royal Hotel Leduc at a discounted rate. To reserve a room, call 1-888-202-3770 and mention you are attending the Alberta Lamb Producers AGM. The discount can only be applied by calling (not available through the website), and is available to anyone attending the AGM.
RSVP REQUIRED BY OCT 29th TO GUARANTEE YOUR MEAL
Contact the ALP office to register now.
To guarantee enough meals for all attendees, you must RSVP no later than October 29. Each eligible* producer registering for the AGM will receive one complimentary meal ticket, and may purchase additional tickets for $30 each. Non-eligible producers and all other attendees registering for the event may purchase meal tickets for $60.00 each. Meal tickets must be purchased in advance. Contact the Alberta Lamb Producers office for payment options.
Who are 'Eligible Producers'?
An eligible producer has paid a service charge (ear tag or wool check-off) in the current or immediately preceding two (2) fiscal years (i.e. since September 01, 2016). Producers who are not on the current ALP voter list, but pay a service charge in August, September or October 2018 will be able to vote in-person at the meeting.
Why one AGM?
This one AGM will replace the Zone Meetings that we previously held around the province. The ALP Board initiated these changes in 2016 and producers voted on them at the 2016 Zone Meetings. Previously, ALP hosted 5-7 Zone Meetings every fall throughout the province. Each Zone Meeting came at a cost of approximately $3000 and producer attendance at these meetings steadily decreased to the situation where sometimes there was not quorum (which was 7 eligible producers). With decreased access to government funding, the ALP Board seriously examined whether spending $3000 on seven eligible producers was an effective use of producer check-off. Holding one AGM allows us to bring in more speakers on more topics of interest to producers. ALP can move this AGM to different areas of the province each year. Directors are always available on the phone or email to discuss any concerns that producers have at any time of the year.
A huge ‘thank you’ to our industry sponsors for your support! Look for a list of AGM sponsors in the ALP Annual Report (available at the AGM) and below.
Thank you to Zoetis Canada for their donation!
- Erona Farms, Shearwell Canada, Barrhead
- Beaver Hill Auction, Tofield
- Picture Butte Auction Market, Picture Butte
- Western Sheep Marketing - Southern Alberta Livestock Exchange, Fort MacLeod
ALP Annual Report: Fall Round-Up 2017
We invite you to review the materials given at the 2017 Fall Round-Up meetings. Links to the complete Annual Report and a pdf of the ALP presentation are provided below. These documents include the financial statements, operations budget and information on industry issues. Call your director if you need more information or have some ideas or views about the content.
The audited financial statements were provided to all attendees of the zone meetings. A printed copy of the Annual Report is available from the ALP office.
Please note that the audited statements include all transactions undertaken by Alberta Lamb Producers, income from both service charges and external funding. The operations budget spreadsheet shows clearly the use of your check off dollars.
The external funding expended during the year for the benefit of industry and producers.