There are several resources on this page aimed at supporting mental wellness.
Building Wellness on the farm
A healthy farmer is a safe farmer and a safe farmer is a strong farmer. Look after your health and wellness. It's one of the best investments you can make for the future of your farm.
Check below for Resources, Crisis Lines and Support Websites
If you are in crisis, please visit your local emergency department or call 911 immediately.
- Alberta MENTAL HEALTH HOTLINE 1-877-303-2642 or albertahealthservices.ca
- AG Know https://www.agknow.ca/
- Ag Safe Alberta https://albertaitk.ca/ or https://agsafeab.ca/
- The Do more Agriculture Program https://www.domore.ag/
We’re thrilled to share that the Do More Agriculture foundation has launched AgTalk, a peer-to-peer support platform powered by Togetherall, this summer. AgTalk is available 24/7 to those 16+ who live, work and play in the Canadian agricultural industry. The platform provides a safe and anonymous space for individuals to connect, share, and receive support from a community of peers who truly understand their unique experiences.
We understand that mental health journeys are deeply personal, and everyone progresses at their own pace. AgTalk is designed to support individuals in their next steps toward improving their mental wellbeing, allowing them to share and connect when they are ready. The clinically moderated environment provides an added layer of support and wellbeing for our community.
This platform, powered by Togetherall, provides a free and secure environment for open discussions on mental health, both in English and French. To register or learn more, please visit domore.ag/agtalk.
- Emergency Services Call 911
- Crisis Services Canada Call 1-833-456-4566, Text 45645 or Visit www.crisisservicescanada.ca
- Centre for Suicide Prevention Visit www.suicideinfo.ca
- Canadian Association for Suicide Prevention Visit www.suicideprevention.ca
- Mental Health Line Call 211 Visit 211.ca
- Kids Help Phone Call 1-800-668-6868
- First Nations & Inuit Hope for Wellness Line Call 1-855-242-3310
- Mental Health Commission of Canada www.mentalhealthcommission.ca
- Canadian Mental Health Association www.cmha.ca
- Suicide Prevention Resource Centre www.sp-rc.ca
- Alcoholics Anonymous www.aa.org
- Al-Anon Family Groups al-anon.org
- Bell Let's Talk letstalk.bell.ca
- Government of Canada mental health and wellness
- National Farmer Mental Health Alliance https://nfmha.ca/
- Agriculture and Suicide Fact Sheet https://mentalhealthcommission.ca/resource/agriculture-and-suicide/
- Canadian Agricultural Safety Association https://www.casa-acsa.ca/en/safetyshop-library/a-look-at-sustainable-farm-families-alberta/
- Government of Canada Mental Health in Agriculture https://agriculture.canada.ca/en/department/initiatives/mental-health
TRAINING AND EDUCATION
- Mental Health First Aid www.mentalhealthfirstaid.ca
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training www.livingworks.net
- safeTALK www.livingworks.net
- Crisis and Trauma Resource Institute ca.ctrinstitute.com
- Tough Enough To Talk About It www.sp-rc.ca
- Calm in the Storm www.calminthestormapp.com