Alberta Lamb Producers is proud to announce their new partnership with The Campaign for Wool Canada and The Canadian Wool Council. This partnership provides the opportunity to align our goals in order to bolster the Alberta sheep industry.
ALP’s support, which will be matched several times over, will assist The Campaign’s research and branding programs including:
- Developing a value-chain/export plan for producing 100% Canadian wool upholstery and other textiles.
- A Shearing Plan that investigates Alberta/Canada’s shearing needs and proposes how the industry can increase access to high-quality, affordable shearing for the entire sheep industry. It also looks into recruiting new shearers and ensuring the highest standards of performance.
- Representation for Alberta as part of the Canadian Delegation to the International Wool Textile Organization, as well as identifying business opportunities and partners to develop Alberta wool while sharing our stories with the world.
- Supporting Alberta producers who sell their own wool and wool products with our national branding and marketing efforts and point-of-sale materials to sell the benefits of wool to consumers and position Alberta/Canadian wool as a premium fibre.
- Celebrating our wool and the Albertans/Canadians who transform it.
- The two organizations will be looking at future research and commercial projects that will benefit producers in Alberta.