Alberta Lamb Producers Service Charge Model Plebiscite – Official Results
As required in section 10 of the Alberta Lamb Producers Plebiscite Directive (2022) made under section 5.1 of the Marketing of Agricultural Products Act, this letter is to provide you with the official results of the Alberta Lamb Producers (ALP) plebiscite on the question of service charge model of ALP held between October 18, 2022 and November 16, 2022 (at noon). The formal time period for eligible producers to contest the plebiscite ended on December 9, 2022 and no contests were reported to the Returning Officer. Due to the nature of the plebiscite question, the results of the Alberta Lamb Producers plebiscite are also provided for your information. Below are the official results of the plebiscite:
- Number of votes cast electronically = 118
- Number of votes submitted by mail-in ballot = 137
- Total number of votes submitted = 255
- Number of votes for a non-refundable service charge model = 105 (41.7%)
- Number of votes for status quo (refundable service charge model) = 147 (58.3%)
- Mail-in ballots rejected = 3
- Participation Rate = 15.38%
The directive also required a report from the Deputy Returning Officer of any potential anomalies or errors that may have arisen during the electronic voting process and given that there were none, the tabulation is final.
These results are also available on Agriculture and Irrigation’s website at: https://open.alberta.ca/publications/alberta-lamb-producers-plebiscite-reporting-results and have been provided to the Minister of Agriculture and Irrigation for his information.