For the most up to date information on the Alberta wildfires situation please find the following information below that was just released by our proviincal government.
Evacuated farmers and ranchers:
- Should visit alberta.ca/emergency to and find the most up-to-date information on the current wildfire situation.
- Can contact the wildfire resource line at 310-4455 with agriculture and livestock related questions.
- Should register online or at the reception centre identified for their community so staff can quickly assist them and connect them with the resources they need.
Agriculture and Irrigation is also sharing pertinent emergency-related information on our social media channels, so please follow and share.
Facebook: @Agriculture Alberta
For your/your members’ information:
Agricultural societies and auction markets may have room for livestock evacuated from wildfire areas, and may be able to help connect livestock owners with transport:
- Alberta Association of Agricultural Societies
- Alberta Auction Markets Association - For available space at auction marts for livestock call:
- 780-789-3915 (north)
- 403-358-0456 (south)
Farmers with questions about business risk management should:
- reach out to their AFSC branch office,
- visit AFSC.ca,
- call 1-877-899-2372.
During the election period, Government of Alberta responses are limited. These limitations are outlined in the Elections Act and Elections Communication Policy and are in place until the end of the election.